Not the best of weekends

We knew the muskrat was old, and had some issue with his mouth that was going to be looked at today, but on Friday his mouth was looking bigger and so by Saturday morning we decided to sedate him and check things out. The growth on his face grew very quickly and was not removable. We were (are) suspicious of cancer, and as we were deciding whether or not we should wake him up from the procedure he started toRead more

A Rough Patch :(

It’s been four days and we’ve lost two animals and a keeper (Kristen is not dead, just gone). We had been concerned about our muskrat and last Friday – he was just not behaving right. By Sunday morning it was time to euthanize him. Cher opossum was under treatment for a UTI. She was getting better but yesterday things seemed worse again. After conferring with Dr. Vanderford we extended Cher’s treatment and had a plan to take her in for x-rays if sheRead more